Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Patriotic Duty!

Our new refrigerator....a gift from President Bush!


I don't have to stand on my head to find something in the fridge.


The freezer compartment is in a drawer on the bottom of the refrigerator.

We have always had two refrigerators. A 30 plus year old one in the garage, that just kept running and running (kind of like the Energizer Bunny), and a Whirlpool in the kitchen with the freezer on top and the fresh food compartment on the bottom. I have had to practically stand on my head to find anything in the fresh food compartment!

When I first saw a refrigerator with the freezer in a drawer on the bottom I knew that someday I would like to have one. But, with the Barfuss philosophy being "wear something out before we replace it" I would probably never get my wish.

And then President Bush decided to send us all a bonus just for being good citizens so I decided that it was my patriotic duty to buy that new refrigerator and help the economy get back on it's feet. So now we have a new fridge! We not only got it free from the government, but we will get a $65.00 rebate for the delivery, a $20.00 rebate from the power company for buying an energy efficient refrigerator, and $30.00 from the power company for letting them come and pick up the old garage refrigerator for recycling! WOW! What a deal!

3 comments:

Julie Beck said...

I love the new fridge!! It looks like it can hold alot!!! I have been disappointed by my side by side!! Many things don't fit! I'm so happy for you! Pres. Bush sure was good to you!!

Erica said...

Wow, Grandma - that IS a deal! I really love the idea of the freezer below the fresh food...it looks like it's a lot more efficient!

Curtis Family said...

Sally,
We like how you got around the Barfuss philosophy of waiting until it breaks! That took some creativity. A great cook like you deserves a new fridge. Congrats!
Jodie